API High Range pH Test Kit - 160 Tests
The API High Range pH Test Kit (Aquaculture Water Quality Test Kit) measures pH changes in Shrimp culture ponds, marine aquariums, and very alkaline tap water. This reads the pH of water within the high range of 7.4 - 8.8.
pH is the measure of acidity of water. A pH reading of 7.0 is neutral, higher than 7.0 is alkaline, and lower than 7.0 is acidic. Maintaining the pond at proper pH ensures optimal water quality.
- The minimum pH reading for this kit is 7.4 and the maximum is 8.8.
- Under extreme water conditions, readings below the minimum will read 7.4, and above the maximum will read 8.8.
Recommended pH levels
- Normal growth of Shrimp/marine fish will happen between 7.5 to 7.8. Should ensure that pH doesn't exceed at 8.2 at worst scenario.
- Goldfish will also thrive at a pH of 7.5.
- The pH should be tested weekly.
What's in the pack
- Contains 160 tests, 1 test bottle, easy-to-read instructions, a glass test tube, and a color chart.
- API High Range pH Test Kit for Petcare, Aquarium, Fishcare