Successful shrimp farming starts from stocking good quality seeds. Good quality seeds reduces the risks in your culture cycle.
There are various factors that tells the quality of seeds. Farmers should check on the below factors to get a good quality shrimps seeds.
1. Colour - Light to dark brown
2. Activity - very active
3. Body length - 12 mm and above
4. Rostral spines - 4-5 should be observed
5. Size variation - less than 10%
6. Stress test with survival test - 100% for salinity reduction test and 90% above formalin test
7. WSSV and EHP - Absent in real time PCR
8. Necrosis - Absent
9. Fouling - clean without any fouling organisms
For more info, Please call our customer care at +91 72999 10993 Monday to Saturday 9 am - 6 pm