Brownish to blackish discoloration on the gills it's called brown/black gill diseases.
- High content of dissolved organic matter and turbidity
- Poor water quality & bottom.
- Unhealthy algae crashing & foaming.
- Unhealthy shrimp ( secondary infection)
- Fouling organisms, fungus, ciliated protozoan, bacteria.
- Water exchange
- dissolved organic matter sedimentation in the water(lime application)
- Biotic & abiotic agent treatment (Chemical)
- Bottom & water waste bio-degradation.
- Avoid over feeding.
- Sufficient aeration inputs.
- Maintain good healthy algae in pond